Downloading the KDE 3 version
About the releases
The latest stable release for KDE 3 is Gwenview v1.4.2 and requires KDE 3.4.
For older versions, visit Gwenview File Release Page on SourceForge.
Version numbers work this way :
- x.y.0: stable release.
- x.y.1, x.y.2,...: these releases fixes bugs of x.y.0, they usually do not introduce new features.
- x.y.91, x.y.92,...: development versions of the next stable release.
- x.y+1.0: next stable release.
DependenciesIn addition to KDE libs, Gwenview depends on the following components:
- Exiv2: A library to manipulate EXIF informations from JPEG files.
- KIPI: KDE Image Plugin Interface. A set of nice plugins shared by Digikam, KPhotoAlbum, ShowImg and Gwenview.
- libmng: A library to view MNG (animated PNG) files.
- libxcursor: A library to view Xcursor files.
The sources are splitted in two tarballs. If you only want to run Gwenview and don't care if it's in english, you just need the code tarball. If you want Gwenview to speak your language, you will need both the code and translation tarballs.
Some distributions have a public always up-to-date version which include Gwenview. The distributions we know of are:
If you are using one of them, you should be able to get Gwenview from their package management system. If your distribution includes Gwenview and is not listed here, please let us know!
Third party binaries
These binaries are not provided by distributions. You will often find packages for the latest release of your distribution here. Most of them require the libkipi package. You can find KIPI packages on the KIPI project page.
If you want to package Gwenview, contact us.
By Mark Tucker
This package requires the libkipi package, which you will find on KIPI home page.
By Krzysztof Lichota
Packages are signed using GPG key available from launchpad.net/people/krzysiek-launchpad-ubuntu-com.